- Με έκπτωση!
STONE WOOT STOUT 2018 0.355lt
DREW CURTIS / WIL WHEATON / GREG KOCH STONE FARKING WHEATON W00TSTOUT
- IMPERIAL STOUT
- 11.5% alc
- 45 IBU
Front and center this year is the result of Wil’s creative machinations taking the art direction duties with world-renowned fantasy artist Joe Jusko representing our gargoyle’s triumph over the evils in the world of beer. Six years into this amazing w00tstout legacy and I continue to be stunned and humbled by the response of our fans. Sure, it’s an amazingly delicious massive Russian Imperial Stout partially inspired by Kentucky Derby Pie of Drew’s home state. And speaking of Drew, we asked him to lean into two of his strengths: drinking w00tstout and chatting up a storm. So this year he’ll MC our wildly nerd-nominious celebration of beer and geekery known as HopCon/w00tstout release party held annually during San Diego’s Comic-Con. The nerd lives in all of us. Celebrate it! Now is the golden age for us lovers of awesome things. We’re here. We’re vast, and we’ve got great taste. This beer is an ode to you, Fellow Nerd.
- APPEARANCE A deep, opaque, brownish-black color with a creamy brown head.
- AROMA Intense cocoa and coffee with nutty coconut. Hints of licorice and loads of fruity fermentation esters. Bourbon, vanilla and oak follow.
- TASTE Some cocoa, coffee and fruitiness up front. Midpalate, the bourbon barrel-aged portion of the beer is apparent, so oak, vanilla, nut and bourbon flavors transition to a slight alcohol heat and hoppy, bitter finish. As the beer warms, a nuttiness almost reminiscent of almonds starts coming through (but we used pecans!).
- PALATE Thick and hearty. At 11.5 percent ABV, this beer is definitely a sipper. It is smooth and creamy, with a slightly warming and drying finish.
- OVERALL This beer is a monster. The flavors are a wonderful blend of everything that makes a great imperial stout, loaded with roasty notes and malty complexity. Brewing with rye and nuts always creates challenges for our brewing team, but they rose to the occasion with this one – it’s simply amazing.
- APPETIZERS Oysters on the half shell, mushroom Gruyère tarts, onion focaccia, devils on horseback
- SOUPS Butternut squash, French onion soup, Irish stew, New England clam chowder
- ENTRÉES Coffee-rubbed porterhouse steak, blue cheese-stuffed portabella, fennel and leek risotto, lamb osso buco
- CHEESES Maytag Blue, Valley Shepherd Creamery Crema de Blue, Farmstead Gouda, Gorgonzola Dolce
- DESSERTS Licorice ice cream, brownies, German chocolate cake, coconut macaroons
No customer reviews for the moment.